We take your privacy and our responsibility to you seriously
The Ending Sexual Violence and Harassment in Third-Level Education (ESHTE) project team is committed to protecting the personal information of everyone who shares their information with us in the course of our work. We want our supporters to have confidence in how we collect and process any personal information shared with us.
We ensure all data-gathering and processing activities are carried out in compliance with legal requirements, including/namely the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and with the organisational values and principles of our project partners. This policy will be reviewed and updated where necessary by our project team.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information for the purposes of this document is information that can identify an individual, such as name, address, and contact details. The ESHTE project team does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by subscribing to our newsletter). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties and is used only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for statistical purposes. The technical details logged include the following items:
- the IP address of your internet connection
- the type of browser you are using
- the date and time you accessed our site
- the pages you have accessed, and the documents downloaded
- the previous website address from where you reached us, including any search terms used.
The ESHTE project team will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. This information is used to enable us to improve the information we provide to our supporters and website users, find out how many people are visiting our site, and analyse the reach of our campaign.
Some of the information above is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our website, discover what information is most and least used, inform any changes to design and layout, and help us make our site more user-friendly.
Glossary of technical terms used
- Browser | The piece of software you use to read web pages: examples include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- IP address | The identifying details for your computer or your Internet company's computer, expressed in "Internet Protocol" (IP) code; for example, 184.108.40.206. Every computer connected to the Internet has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
For more information, please email email@example.com or contact:
ESHTE Project Team
National Women’s Council of Ireland
100 North King Street