I am a Student
The It Stops Now campaign aims to create a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and violence towards women students by addressing the myths and misunderstandings about rape, sexual consent, and sexual harassment.
- Sexual harassment and violence is a crime and is rooted in gender inequality
- Sex without consent is rape
- Women students are at a higher risk of being affected by sexual harassment and violence which in turn has an impact on students’ performance and wellbeing.
- Women with disabilities and ethnic minority women are likely to be disproportionately affected by sexual harassment and violence.
- Third-level institutes must play a key role in preventing and combatting sexual harassment and violence toward and perpetrated by their students
- Creating a zero tolerance zone requires a whole institute approach, including student leadership, underpinned by a commitment to tackling gender inequality
- Any approach taken should have survivors’ interests and experiences at the centre, and will be strengthened by working in partnership with violence against women agencies.
Have you experienced sexual violence or harassment, and are in need of emergency assistance and support?