I am a Staff Member
The It Stops Now Campaign will build a culture of zero tolerance of sexual harassment and violence in third level institutions by raising awareness through active campaigning, and by developing training and policy resources for students and staff.
- Sexual harassment and violence is a crime and is rooted in gender inequality
- Sex without consent is rape
- Women students are at a higher risk of being affected by sexual harassment and violence which in turn has an impact on students’ performance and wellbeing.
- Women with disabilities and Ethnic Minority Women are likely to be disproportionately affected by sexual harassment and violence.
- Third level institutes must play a key role in preventing and combatting sexual harassment and violence toward and perpetrated by their students
- Creating a zero tolerance zone requires a whole institute approach, including student leadership, underpinned by a commitment to tackling gender inequality
- Any approach taken should have survivors’ interests and experiences at the centre, and will be strengthened by working in partnership with violence against women agencies